Monday 30 July 2018

Cross Stitch

Back at the wee age of 8, I learnt the wonderful craft of cross stitch from my second grade teacher as we made little wall hangings for mothers day. On and off for the last 2 decades i have continued to dabble into the craft, but have lately really wanted to get back into it. On Friday at my fortnightly meetup with wonderful knitty and crochet friends, i went back for coffee with one of them, and after mentioning that i want to get back into cross stitch at our small detour via Spotlight, she said she had some Aida cloth and a small hoop i could have. 

Partly done sign,
which will be framed and stood on a table when complete
After having a coffee, back at her house, she dug out a big box of needle point supplies and went digging. She gave me a wonderfully large piece of 11 count fabric, and another of 18 count, and a few other goodies, before my wonderful partner collected me between errands.
So Saturday morning, i dug out my embroidery thread, got designing, and made up a basic look for a sign that i will use when attending markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment